Sunday, March 1, 2015

My First Book Signing Is Out of this World and Off the Planet

Saturday, February 28, I hopped a train to London to attend a special book signing organised by my publisher, Titan Books. The venue was Forbidden Planet books, one of the funkiest and coolest bookstores you can imagine. FP has two floors devoted to Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, and Mystery titles, as well as many tie-ins with Star Trek/Star Wars/Dr. Who and comic book/graphic novel related titles.

The  event was attended by four Titan authors who write Sherlock-related books. The signing panel consisted of Vaughn Entwistle (The Revenant of Thraxton Hall), Adam Christopher (Elementary, Ghost Line), James Lovegrove (Sherlock Holmes, Gods of War), and George Mann (Sherlock Holmes, The Spirit Box).

It was a real thrill to be at my first book signing and it was especially gratifying to meet and shake hands with fans who had traveled to the event specifically to meet me. Several even brought both versions of my book, hardcover and paperback, for me to sign, and several wanted their photo taken with me. My first fifteen minutes of fame actually lasted an hour!

It was also wonderful to meet Miranda Jewess, my very astute editor at Titan Books and Ella Bowman, one of Titan's PR wizards. After the event we retired to the Cross Keys pub for a G&T and a good old chin wag before I caught the train at Paddington Station for home.

I'm still floating on a cloud of endorphins!

Here is a photo of me looking only a little like Snidely Whiplash in my Victorian Topper and frock coat, apparently rubbing my hands with glee as my fiendish plot comes to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment